White Light Ltd is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of White Light is to minimize any impact on the environment through its routine hires, sales and installation operations, its expanding infrastructure and through its work in general.
The company will comply fully with environmental legislation and is in addition committed to continued efforts to follow best practice. As part of the White Light Ltd commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that the company will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO 14001.
Aims of the policy:
• Promote environmental management policies and practices throughout the company
• Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among White Light staff
• Promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
• Minimise waste by reducing consumption and the development of effective waste management and recycling procedures.
• Prevent pollution and ensure that wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
• Avoid where economically possible the use of environmentally damaging substances and materials.
• Wherever possible encourage the use of recycled materials for company activity.
• Reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and adopt long-term strategies for energy efficiency into planning and development.
• Encourage and facilitate transport by staff minimising environmental impact, and applying environmentally friendly attitude to the use / provision of company vehicles;
• Consider the effects that our operations have on the local community
• Seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
• Ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigating and reporting
• Continuously monitor and audit White Light Ltd’s environmental policies and practice.
Responsibility for the Policy
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
All employees and subcontractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to them selves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
The Production Manager is appointed as the Environmental Policy Officer (EPO) and is responsible for ensuring that appropriate arrangements are in place for effective implementation, monitoring and review of the policy.
The Directors have an overall responsibility for all environmental matters.
Implementation of the Policy
All company directors, in conjunction with the environmental policy officer are responsible for implementing the policy within the company. The EPO has the lead environmental policy role for company. This group should meet on a regular basis to facilitate translating the policy into action.
White Light will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
Monitoring of environmental performance of suppliers.
We encourage our suppliers to provide similar environmental policies in an assurance that they assume similar responsibilities to our own. Our quality control procedures include regular monitoring of our suppliers and will address environmental issues should they arise. It is the responsibility of our employees to assess the quality and service of products entering the building both for hire and sale. We will also act on feedback from our end users as well as advise from our professional bodies; the main strategic one being PLASA (Professional Light and Sound Association). White Light trades regularly with other European companies and International companies and acknowledges global environmental issues.
Review and monitoring of the policy.
The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain constant and applicable to White Light Ltd’s activities.
Date: 15th January 2018
Review Date: January 2019